Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Building of the Yearly Gingerbread House!




Here it is in Stages....My favorite picture is Jason trying to eat the Gingerbread house. (That's classic Jason behavior.)  We got our kit at Sam's Club for $9.99. It came with totally ghetto candy, but luckily we had candy around the house to add to it. You've gotta love our practically frozen pond in the front with Swedish Fish. 
I realized more than ever how OCD I am when it comes to building or making anything. I wanted the house to be all organized and planned out, whereas Jason just wanted to throw up a bunch of candy. When we first took the kit out of the box, the main pieces were bent  sadly because of how they were placed in the box. Jason figured out a way to fix them, but some of them broke in the meantime. I had to keep reminding myself that it didn't have to be perfect and that it was for fun.  I learned more about myself and how I work in a team. (Not so well....we're working on that patience thing)  Hopefully Jason had fun and will want to continue the tradition of making our Gingerbread House in the future.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great tradition! I'm all about trying to establish some fun traditions for my kid(s) and think that this would be a fun one to add. The funny thing is that I can see you being really upset if the gingerbread house came bent in the package. Its good to recognize that though and realize that its not really a big deal. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog. : ) What a nice gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, that was so fun last year when me and scott did it with you guys. I miss that! Your gingerbread house looks way cute and you're just adorable! Miss you guys! can't wait to see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! You guys look great. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I want to be hansel and gretel! But don't eat me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you guys have a blog now... feels like I haven't seen you forever. Hopefully you will be around over christmas break and we can catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kiddos loved eating it! Sorry we almost threw the pan away...oops! Good thing you reminded us! I completely understand your OCD...I struggle with the same thing!

    ReplyDelete